Routine Engineering Services
- This can be described as all engineering services which are required for the successful running of the industries but excludes what is required on a day to day basis.
- The exclusions are core production activities, floor level operational maintenance of machinery and tools, packing, forwarding etc.
- And – “Routine” engineering is all services which are auxiliary to existing production processes, requiring engineering knowledge and skills.
Illustrative examples of Routine Engineering services are
- Jigs and fixtures design / Drawing
- Layout change
- Quality Improvement
- Reducing of rejection
- Technical Manual Writing
- Manual for internal use (establishment of SOP)